1. COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us, such as when you create or modify your account, request on-demand services, contact customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. This information may include: name, email, phone number, postal address, profile picture, items requested, and other information you choose to provide.
Voyce complies with all the provisions of the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, and requires all users to be over 13 years of age or accompanied by a legal guardian.
Information We Collect
When you use our Services, we collect information about you in the following general categories:
- Location Information: When you use the Services, we collect precise location data from the Voyce app to find the best matched Provider. If you permit the Voyce app to access location services through the permission system used by your mobile operating system (“platform”), we may also collect the precise location of your device when the app is running in the foreground or background. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address.
- Transaction Information: We collect transaction details related to your use of our Services, including the type of service requested, date and time the service was provided, and other related transaction details. Additionally, if someone uses your promo code, we may associate your name with that person.
- Device Information: We may collect information about your mobile device, including, for example, the hardware model, operating system and version, software and file names and versions, preferred language, unique device identifier, advertising identifiers, serial number, device motion information, and mobile network information.
- Call and SMS Data: Our Services facilitate communications between Users and Providers. In connection with facilitating this service, we receive call data, including the date and time of the call or SMS message, the parties’ phone numbers, and the content of the SMS message.
- Log Information: When you interact with the Services, we collect server logs, which may include information like device IP address, access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and the third-party site or service you were using before interacting with our Services. Important Information About Platform Permissions Most mobile platforms (iOS, Android, etc.) have defined certain types of device data that apps cannot access without your consent. And these platforms have different permission systems for obtaining your consent. The iOS platform will alert you the first time the Voyce app wants permission to access certain types of data and will let you consent (or not consent) to that request. Android devices will notify you of the permissions that the Voyce app seeks before you first use the app, and your use of the app constitutes your consent.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also receive information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example:
- If your employer (or similar entity) uses our group registration solutions, we may receive information about you from your employer.
- When you request on demand services, our Providers may provide us with a User rating after providing services to you.
- If you also interact with our Services in another capacity, for instance as a Provider or user of other apps we provide, we may combine or associate that information with information we have collected from you in your capacity as a User.
Use Of Information
We may use the information we collect about you to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our Services, including, for example, to provide products and services you request (and send related information), develop new features, provide customer support to Users and Providers, develop safety features, authenticate users, and send product updates and administrative messages;
- Perform internal operations, including, for example, preventing fraud and abuse of our Services; to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems; to conduct data analysis, testing, and research; and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends;
- Send or facilitate communications (i) between you and a Provider, such as language needed help on, or (ii) between you and a contact of yours at your direction in connection with your use of certain features, such as referrals and invites;
- Send you communications we think will be of interest to you, including information about products, services, promotions, news, and events of Voyce and other companies, where permissible and according to local applicable laws; and to process contest, sweepstake, or other promotion entries and fulfill any related awards;
- Personalize and improve the Services, including to provide or recommend features, content, social connections, referrals, and advertisements.
- Sharing Of Information. We may share the information we collect about you as described in this Policy or as described at the time of collection or sharing, including as follows:
Sharing Of Information. We may share the information we collect about you as described in this Policy or as described at the time of collection or sharing, including as follows:
- With Providers to enable them to provide the Services you request. For example, we share your name, photo (if you provide one), average User rating given by Providers, language(s) you speak, and language you need help on;
- With third parties with whom you choose to let us share information, for example other apps or websites that integrate with our API or Services, or those with an API or Service with which we integrate.
Other Important Sharing
We may share your information:
- With Voyce subsidiaries and affiliated entities that provide services or conduct data processing on our behalf, or for data centralization and/ or logistics purposes;
- With vendors, consultants, marketing partners, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information by a competent authority if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or is otherwise required by, any applicable law, regulation, or legal process;
- With law enforcement officials, government authorities, or other third parties if we believe your actions are inconsistent with our User agreements, Terms of Service, or policies, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Voyce or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company;
- If we otherwise notify you and you consent to the sharing; and
- In an aggregated and/or anonymized form which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Social Sharing Features
The Services may integrate with social sharing features and other related tools which let you share actions you take on our Services with other apps, sites, or media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the social sharing service. Please refer to the privacy policies of those social sharing services for more information about how they handle the data you provide to or share through them.
Analytics And Advertising Services Provided By Others
U.S.-Eu And U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor
Voyce, Inc. complies with the U.S.-EU and the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor frameworks as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce in connection with its processing of personal data about data subjects in European Union member countries and Switzerland. With respect to this data, Voyce, Inc. has certified that it adheres to the relevant Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about these Safe Harbor programs, and to view our certification, please visit the Safe Harbor website.
2. YOUR CHOICES
You may correct your account information at any time by logging into your online or in-app account. If you wish to cancel your account, please email us firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that in some cases we may retain certain information about you as required by law, or for legitimate business purposes to the extent permitted by law. For instance, if you have a standing credit or debt on your account, or if we believe you have committed fraud or violated our Terms, we may seek to resolve the issue before deleting your information.
Voyce will comply with individual’s requests regarding access, correction, and/or deletion of the personal data it stores in accordance with applicable law.
We request permission for our app’s collection of location from your device per the permission system used by your mobile operating system. If you initially permit the collection of this information, you can later disable it by changing the location settings on your mobile device. However, this will limit your ability to use certain features of our Services. Additionally, disabling our app’s collection of location from your device will not limit our ability to derive approximate location from your IP address.
You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us by following the instructions in those messages. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account, about Services you have requested, or our ongoing business relations.
Cookies And Advertising
Changes To The Policy
We may change this Policy from time to time. If we make significant changes in the way we treat your personal information, or to the Policy, we will provide you notice through the Services or by some other means, such as email. Your continued use of the Services after such notice constitutes your consent to the changes. We encourage you to periodically review the Policy for the latest information on our privacy practices.